Vegetarian Black Bean Chili
If you like black beans you’ll love this southwestern style flavorful chili, with all the trimmings.
Recipe by: www.BensonsGourmetSeasonings.com
Number of Servings: 10 | Prep Time:
You will need:
- 4 cups dried Black Beans, picked over, rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 large Green Bell Peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 5 large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons #112 Masterpiece Salt-Free seasoning
- 2 teaspoons #117 Bravado Salt-Free seasoning
- 7 ounces Green Chilies, canned, diced
- 8 ounces Tomato Sauce. no salt
- 1/4 cup fresh Lime Juice
- Garnishes to Taste: Chopped fresh Tomatoes, Red Onion,
- Green Onion, Cilantro, Grated Jack Cheese, Sour Cream.
Cook black beans according to package directions. Drain, reserving 3 cups cooking liquid. In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; add bell peppers, onion, garlic, seasonings and cook about 10 minutes. Add beans, liquid, chilies, tomato sauce. Simmer about 1 hour. Stir in lime juice. Serve, and offer chopped tomatoes, red onion, green onion, cilantro, grated jack cheese and sour cream for garnishing to individual tastes.