Traditionally made with ground beef, these come out very moist with the sauce. The rice sticks out of the meatballs, hence the name porcupines.
Recipe by: www.BensonsGourmetSeasonings.com
Number of Servings: 4 | Prep Time:
You will need:
- 1 pound Fresh Raw Ground Turkey*
- 1/2 cup Rice, uncooked
- 1/2 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons #112 Masterpiece Salt-Free Seasoning
- 3/4 cup Warm Water
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine (Chablis)
- 2 cans (8 ounce) Tomato Sauce, No Salt added
- 1 teaspoon #103 Table Tasty Salt-Free Seasoning
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon #106 Gusto Salt-Free Seasoning
Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl; stir well. Shape mixture into 16 (1-inch) balls. Place in a nonstick 2-quart baking pan. Combine water, wine, tomato sauce, Table Tasty and garlic; pour over meatballs. Sprinkle with #106 Gusto Salt-Free seasoning. Cover. Bake 350ºF about 1 hour or until rice is tender.
* Ground turkey dark meat or a blend of white and dark meat will be more flavorful and moist than all white meat.