Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This dish is a beautiful red, white and green, perfect for the Holidays.
The rest of the year it’s the Italian flag.
It smells wonderful, like pizza cooking, Florentine-style.
Recipe by: www.BensonsGourmetSeasonings.com
Number of Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 1 hour
You will need:
- 6 boneless, skinless Chicken Breast Halves
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon #110 Supreme Salt-Free Seasoning, divided
- 8 ounces Mozzarella Cheese, part skim milk, grated
- 1-1/2 cups Fresh Spinach, chopped
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
Cut pocket horizontally into each chicken breast half, 3/4 the way through. Place chicken in baking dish or pan 15″x10″x2″. In small bowl, whisk mustard, oil, vinegar, 1 tsp seasoning. Pour marinade over chicken. Cover, refrigerate 30 minutes to 3 hours. Meanwhile, in larger bowl, combine mozzarella, spinach, red bell pepper and 1 tsp seasoning. Mix well. Stuff 1/6 mixture into each chicken breast pocket. Lay in baking pan. Sprinkle with last 1 tsp seasoning. Bake 375ºF 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer, or until done. (If someone doesn’t like spinach, try this recipe.)