Spicy Pork Chops with Gravy
A simple home-style recipe with really good gravy. If you don’t want spicy use Supreme instead of Calypso.
Recipe by: www.BensonsGourmetSeasonings.com
Number of Servings: 6 | Prep Time:
You will need:
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1 Tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 6 center cut Pork Loin Chops, 1/2″- thick
- 1 Tablespoon #107 Calypso Salt-Free seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon #106 Gusto Salt-Free seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% Milk, or whole or nonfat
- 1 Tablespoon #103 Table Tasty Salt-Free seasoning, (optional)
Combine #107 Calypso Salt-Free seasoning and #106 Gusto Salt-Free Seasoning; coat chops on both sides with seasoning mixture. In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 Tbsp oil over med-high heat. Add chops, cook over medium heat until both sides are nicely browned. Remove chops from skillet to warm platter; keep warm. Add remaining tablespoon of butter to pan drippings, then add flour. Stir until smooth, scraping up browned bi and mixture is lightly browned. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Add more milk if necessary and simmer about 5 minutes until flour is cooked through and pan nicely deglazed. If the gravy is too thick add more milk a little at a time. If it is too thin, let it simmer until desired consistency. Keep it a little thin as it will thicken more as it sits. Stir in Table Tasty. Serve chops and gravy immediately.