Spicy Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Homemade Barbecue Sauce (A Bit Spicy).
Recipe by: www.BensonsGourmetSeasonings.com
Number of Servings: | Prep Time:
You will need:
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil, vegetable oil, or 4 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Ketchup low sodium, or no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar or unsulfered molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce (reduced sodium or low sodium)
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar (I use white distilled or apple cider)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Mustard, prepared (Westbrae Stoneground No Salt Added Mustard)
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon 107 Calypso Salt-Free Seasoning (use less if you want less spicy)
- 1 Tablespoon 106 Gusto Salt-Free Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon 103 Table Tasty Salt Substitute, to taste, if needed, after cooking
In saucepan, heat oil or 2 Tbsp water, saute onion until soft add garlic and cook until garlic starts an aroma (about 30 seconds). Add remaining ingredients, stirring well. Simmer slowly, uncovered, 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Makes 1-1/2 cups.
Note: If you like a smokey BBQ sauce, add a drop or 2 of Wrights Liquid Smoke. Hickory is the most popular barbecue flavor.