Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
An Italian style dish. A lasagna filling stuffed chicken breast.
Fix this dish for company, often.
Recipe by: Benson's Gourmet Seasonings
Number of Servings: 4 | Prep Time:
You will need:
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese, part skim milk (15 ounces)
- 10 ounces Frozen Spinach, thawed, drained, squeezed dry, chopped or 16 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 large Egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Swiss Cheese, lowfat, freshly grated
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon #110 Supreme Salt-Free seasoning
- 4 Chicken Breast halves, boned, skin intact
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl; mix thoroughly. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Pound slightly to an even thickness. Carefully separate skin from chicken using fingers and a small knife, leaving skin attached on long side to form pocket. Divide stuffing among pockets, patting gently to distribute evenly. Secure with toothpicks. Arrange chicken skin-side up in baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with #110 Supreme Salt-Free seasoning. Put in oven. Baste with pan drippings every 10 minutes. Bake until juices run clear when pierced with a fork, about 30 to 35 minutes.