Pan Seared Tuna Steaks with Spicy Island Marinade
A blackened, spicy Fish with lots of flavor.
Recipe by: www.BensonsGourmetSeasonings.com
Number of Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 30 min
You will need:
- 4 6-ounce Tuna steaks, 1-inch thick
- 2 Tablespoon Canola Oil, or Vegetable Oil
- 4 teaspoons #107 Calypso Salt-Free seasoning
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine (Chablis)
- 1/3 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/3 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- Fresh Lemon Wedge and/or Fresh Parsley garnish, optional
Place tuna on flat surface; cut away any dark parts. In shallow dish, blend remaining ingredients. Add tuna and coat both sides. Cover and let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. With tongs, move steaks from marinade and place steaks in a very hot skillet (cast iron is best). Sear one side by cooking for 3 minutes; turn over and cook 2 or 3 more minutes for rare. For well-done, cook 1 minute more on each side. While tuna finishes cooking, heat remaining marinade in small pan. Serve with hot tuna steaks.