A really good old fashioned meatloaf. Excellent cooked in a crockpot.
Recipe by: www.BensonsGourmetSeasonings.com
Number of Servings: 6 | Prep Time:
You will need:
- 1-1/2 pounds lean Ground Beef or Turkey, or half & half
- 1 cup Oatmeal (regular)
- 8 ounces Tomato Sauce, no salt (reserve 2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, seeded & finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons #112 Masterpiece Salt-Free seasoning
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Dry Red Wine (Burgandy or Pinot Noir)
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Sauce or Catsup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon #106 Gusto Salt-Free seasoning
Preheat oven to 375ºF. In large bowl combine first 9 ingredients. With your hands, mix thoroughly but not too much, or the meatloaf will become tough. Shape into a loaf and place in an 8″ x 4″ x 4″ nonstick loaf pan. Spread top with tomato sauce or catsup (optional, but pretty). Sprinkle top with #106 Gusto Salt-Free seasoning. Bake 1 hour or until done. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice before serving.