Lite 'n Spicy Baked Fish
It tastes like it’s been breaded and fried. Light and crispy coating.
Recipe by: www.BensonsGourmetSeasonings.com
Number of Servings: 4 | Prep Time:
You will need:
- 1-1/2 pounds Fish fillets, firm and fresh
- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons #107 Calypso Salt-Free seasoning
- 1 Egg White, beaten until frothy
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt, nonfat, lowfat or regular
- 1/2 cup Onion, minced
- 1 Teaspoon #104 Zesty Salt Free seasoning
- Lemon Wedge and/or Parsley garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Combine cornmeal and #107 Calypso Salt-Free seasoning on a large plate. Dip fish first in egg white; then dredge in seasoned cornmeal. Place in nonstick baking pan, cover and bake for 7 minutes. While fish is baking, combine yogurt, onion, and #104 Zesty Salt-Free seasoning. Remove fish from oven and uncover. Spoon yogurt mixture gently on top of fish. Sprinkle with additional seasoning if desired. Bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes. Serve on warm plates with garnishes, if desired.
Note: Catfish, Flounder, Cod, Scrod or Sole fillets are recommended.