Cheesy Mushroom and Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers
Colored bell peppers make a beautiful presentation and any kind of mushrooms in this moist, cheesy dish.
Recipe by: www.BensonsGourmetSeasonings.com
Number of Servings: 4 | Prep Time:
You will need:
- 4 large Green, Red or Yellow Bell Peppers
- 1 cup cooked Brown Rice (use package directions), white rice or orzo pasta
- 2 cups sliced Fresh Mushrooms, any kind
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese (lowfat), grated
- 1-1/2 cups Cottage Cheese (lowfat)
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon #104 Zesty Salt-Free seasoning
- 1 teaspoon #110 Supreme Salt-Free seasoning
Wash bell peppers. Cut off tops; remove seeds. Steam peppers with tops about 15 minutes, until just tender. In large skillet heat oil; sauté onion and mushrooms until softened. Stir in remaining ingredients. Place drained peppers in lightly oiled or non-stick baking dish. Spoon in rice mixture. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired. Replace tops on peppers, off center. Bake uncovered 400ºF, 15 minutes, or until heated through.