Caribbean Shrimp Salad
If you’ve never tried jicama, this is a good place to try it.
Recipe by: www.BensonsGourmetSeasonings.com
Number of Servings: 6 | Prep Time:
You will need:
- 1/3 cup Canola, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (one light in taste), or Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Fresh Pineapple Juice*
- 2 teaspoons #107 Calypso Salt-Free seasoning
- 1 teaspoon #103 Table Tasty Salt-Free Seasoning, optional
- 1 pound medium Shrimp, cleaned and cooked
- 2 cups Jicama, peeled and julienned
- 2 Celery Ribs, cleaned and sliced diagonally
- 2 Green Onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups Fresh Pineapple*, cubed, 1/2″ pieces
- 1 head, Boston Lettuce
Combine oil, lime juice, and seasoning in large bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Add jicama, celery and green onions; gently toss. Just before serving add pineapple and toss. Arrange lettuce on platter and spoon salad over leaves.
*If fresh pineapple is not available, substitute canned in it’s own juices.