Braised Pork Medallions with Apples
Apples and pork are a great combination, with a special touch of Calvados.
Recipe by: www.BensonsGourmetSeasonings.com
Number of Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 30 minutes
You will need:
- 1- 1 1/2 pounds Pork Tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon #107 Calypso Salt-Free seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon #110 Supreme Salt-Free seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 medium Tart Apples (Granny Smith), cored, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup Calvados (Apple Brandy), or apple cider
Cut pork crosswise into 8 medallions. Combine #107 Calypso Salt-Free seasoning, #110 Supreme Salt-Free seasoning and black pepper together, coat medallions on both sides. Heat oil in large skillet; sauté pork on both sides until browned. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add onion, apple & cinnamon to skillet. Sauté until golden; add Calvados or cider and simmer. Place pork in simmering liquid, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Serve immediately.