Baked Lemon-Herb Chicken with Fresh Mushroom Stuffing
This stuffing is so good, I usually double the recipe and bake the extra in a separate baking dish.
Recipe by: www.BensonsGourmetSeasonings.com
Number of Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 2 1/2 hr.
You will need:
- 1 Whole Chicken, 3 pounds
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound Fresh Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon #104 Zesty Salt-Free Seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh Lemon Zest, finely grated (Lemon Peel, the colored part only)
- 1/4 cup fresh Lemon Juice, divided
- 1 cup soft Bread Crumbs
Remove giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken under cold water, pat dry; set aside. In large non-stick skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil; sauté onion and celery until soft; add mushrooms, sauté until tender. Stir in 2 tsp #104 Zesty Salt-Free Seasoning, lemon zest, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, and bread crumbs; mix well. Place chicken, breast-side up, on rack in roasting pan. Stuff lightly, with mushroom mixture. Truss chicken. Combine remaining lemon juice, Zesty seasoning and oil; brush over chicken. Bake 350ºF, 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until done.