Any idea what fond is?

This is a cooking term. The little browned bits on the bottom of your pan when cooking, is called fond. Deglaze the pan by adding a liquid. Usually something like (water, wine, juice, tomatoes, milk, broth or stock) to loosen those browned bits. Then continue by scraping them off the bottom (usually with a spoon or spatula). Those precious little bits add a ton of flavor. Be careful, and don’t let them burn. Even if it just starts to burn a little, this may ruin the sauce or gravy as you will pick-up a burnt taste. Unfortunately, there is really not much you can do to fix it. More low sodium cooking tips